Do you have a Facebook page? Well, of course you do! Does your grandchild? Are you allowed to be friends with them? First they have to be over 13 to have an account on Facebook officially, then it would be nice if your grandchild wants to be friends but if not, don’t push it – remember, in their eyes we are still more like parents and Facebook is for friends.
But if you do have a grandchild that you are friends with, or to make sure that when you ask they are willing to accept your request, you should do these things:
1) Make sure your profile is up to date with a good timeline cover and profile picture
2) Make sure you are not posting embarrassing pictures of yourself or your grandchildren
5) Do share inspirational or instructional posts
6) Do like or share current events that may be of interest to your grandchild
7) Do find humor and joy in every day and share it!
Embrace new technology. Instead of seeing new gadgets and technologies as a burden refusing to learn how to send a text message, or post on facebook, or twitter, run toward it and learn more about why people love it. Take a class at the local Apple store or ask your grandchildren to teach you about how to maximize your smartphone usage.